SEAGOVILLE – The Seagoville City Council will hold a regular meeting on Monday, April 2, inside the Council Chambers at City Hall located at 702 North Highway 175. Council members will begin a work session at 6:30 p.m. and the regular meeting will begin at 7 p.m.
The current city council consists of Mayor Dennis Childress, Rick Howard (Place 1), Jose “JoJo’ Hernandez (Place 2), Harold Magill (Place 3), Mike Fruin (Place 4) and Mayor Pro Tem Jon Epps (Place 5).
– Call to Order
– Discuss regular session agenda items
– Call to Order
– Pledge of Allegiance
– Proclamation: National Public-Safety Telecommunications Week
– Mayor’s Report
– Citizens Public Comment Period
This portion of the meeting is to allow each speaker up to six (6) minutes to address the council on items not posted on the current agenda. Council may not discuss these items but may respond with factual data or policy information, or place the item on a future agenda. Citizens wishing to speak on posted agenda items will be called upon at that time. Anyone wishing to speak shall submit a Speaker Request Form to the City Secretary.
Share Your News! SeagovilleGazette.com accepts Engagement, Wedding, Anniversary, Birth Announcements, Fundraisers, Community Events, Military News, Club/Organization Meetings, Obituaries and much more! Submit Your News today!
1. Consider approving City Council Meeting minutes for March 19, 2018 (City Secretary)
2. Consider a Resolution declaring certain City property surplus an authorizing the City Manager to sell, trade, or dispose of the property in accordance with the
processes established in the Code of Ordinances (Police Chief)
3. Consider the second reading of Resolution No. 17-R-2018, authorizing the Seagoville Economic Development Corporation to undertake a project for the creation of jobs and expansion of business development in the City, including a reimbursement grant in an amount not to exceed thirty thousand dollars ($30,000.00), in accordance with the Texas Local Government Code; and providing an effective date (Director of Administrative Services)
4. Conduct a public hearing and discuss and consider an Ordinance of the City of Seagoville, Texas, amending the comprehensive zoning Ordinance, as amended by changing the zoning from “PD-R-S” Planned Development – Residential-5 to “PD-5-SUP” Planned Development-Residential-S with a special use permit, which shall expire on September 29, 2018, to allow for a temporary batch plant, on Lots 1 through 5, Block E, of the Highland Meadows Phase [II Subdivision located on the north side of Lasater Road between Stark Road and Shannon Loop, in the City of Seagoville, Texas; providing for an approved site plan which is attached hereto and incorporated herein as Exhibit “A”; providing for the repeal of all Ordinances in conflict; providing a severability clause; providing for a penalty of fine not to exceed the sum of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) for each offense; and providing an effective date (Community Development Director)
5. Conduct a public hearing and discuss and consider an Ordinance of the City of Seagoville, Dallas County, Texas amending the comprehensive zoning Ordinance and map of the City of Seagoville, Dallas County, Texas, as heretofore amended by granting a change in zoning from Residential-5 (R-5) to Planned Development Residential-5 (PD-18-01) for approximately 28.5 1: acres of land located in the John D. Merchant Survey Abstract No. 850, generally described as west of May Road and adjacent least of Alto Road in Seagoville, Dallas County, Texas, and being legally described in Exhibit “A”, attached hereto and incorporated herein: drainage plan, which is attached hereto and incorporated as Exhibit “B”; providing for a repealing clause; providing a severability clause; providing a savings clause; providing for apenalty of fine not to exceed the sum of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) for each offense; and providing an effective date (Community Development Director)
6. Receive Councilmember Reports/Items of Community Interest – as authorized by Section 551.0415 of the Texas Government Code.
7. Future Agenda Items – Council to provide direction to staff regarding future agenda items. These items will not be discussed and no action will be taken at this meeting.
Source: City of Seagoville