Seagoville: Citizens Needed to Serve on City Boards and Commissions

SEAGOVILLE – The City of Seagoville is currently accepting applications from residents who are interested in serving on a Council appointed board or commission. Applicants must be a registered voter of the city. Board members serve in a volunteer capacity and must be able to attend meetings held monthly in the evenings.

Free Ads For A $5 Donation! Businesses, Entrepreneurs, Organizations, Clubs and Individuals can promote their products, services, events, fundraisers and yard sales to 3,000+ monthly site visitors while supporting a local youth program for boys from low-income families at the same time! Click Here to view Business Promotion Options!

Boards include the following:

Keep Seagoville Beautiful, Library, Planning and Zoning Commission, Board of Adjustment, Seagoville Economic Development Corporation, Parks and Recreation, Animal Shelter Oversight Committee.

Terms for board members last for two years, ending in June of the designated year. Council normally appoints board members in June unless vacancies are being filled. Currently there are vacancies on the Keep Seagoville Beautiful Commission and the Parks and Recreation Board. Other positions may become available with the beginning of the new terms in June.

Information on the purpose and duties of each board is available on the city’s website on the City of Seagoville Boards and Commissions Page. The application form is also available on the Boards and Commission page and is also available at the Seagoville City Hall, 702 N. Hwy 175. For more information contact the City Secretary’s office at 972 287-6819.

CLICK HERE to download the application form.

Source: City of Seagoville

SHS Dragons Football History! Order a copy of the FIRE OF THE DRAGONS souvenir book detailing some of the greatest moments in SHS football history. All proceeds benefit the Texas Dragons Baseball Club. Click Here for more details!