CRANDALL – The Crandall City Council will be having a regular meeting on Monday, Sept. 10, at 6:30 p.m. inside the CISD Board Room at the L.F. Raynes Education Center located at 400 West Lewis Street.
The current city council members includes Mayor Mike Parker, Mayor Pro Tem Danny Kirbie, council member Shannon Barnes, council member Tim Atkins, council member Ron Lanier and council member David Lindsey.
1. Open Meeting, Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call
3. Citizen Comments: Three (3) minutes allowed per speaker. Please turn in speaker request form before the meeting begins.
4. Announcements by the Mayor and City Council Members. At this time, reports about items of community interests on which no action will be taken may be given to the public as per Chapter 551.0415 of the Local Government Code.
5. Presentations by Members of the Council.
6. Update by City Manager.
7. Approval of the Minutes: August 6, 2018
8. Presentation by Gerald Picus, Jason’s Center of Hope.
9. Public Hearing: On a request for approval of a Preliminary Plat of Kingsborough Area 7 Phase 1 by James Mabrey/JLM 786 Kaufman County, LLC.
10. Discuss and consider approval a Preliminary Plat of Kingsborough Area 7 Phase 1 by James Mabrey/JLM 786 Kaufman County, LLC.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Ordinance No. 091018, an Ordinance of the City of Crandall authorizing the issuance of “City of Crandall, Texas Tax Notes, Series 2018”; specifying the terms and features of such notes; levying a continuing direct annual ad valorem tax for the payment of such notes; and resolving other matters incident and related to the issuance, sale, payment and delivery of such notes, including the approval and execution of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement and a Purchase Agreement and the approval and distribution of an Official Statement; and providing an effective date.
12. Discuss and consider Approval of Ordinance No. 091018A authorizing the issuance of “City of Crandall, Texas, General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Taxable Series 2018,” specifying the terms and features of such bonds; levying a continuing direct annual ad valorem tax for the payment of such bonds; and resolving other matters incident and related to the issuance, sale, payment and delivery of such bonds, including the approval and execution of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement, a Purchase Agreement, and an Escrow Agreement, and the approval and distribution of an Official Statement; and providing an effective date.
13. Discuss and consider Resolution No. 091018R, a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Crandall, Texas, approving a negotiated settlement between the Atmos Cities Steering Committee (“ACSC”) and Atmos Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division regarding the company’s 2018 rate review mechanism filings; declaring existing rates to be unreasonable; adopting tariffs that reflect rate adjustments consistent with the negotiated settlement; finding the rates to be set by the attached settlement tariffs to be just and reasonable and in the public interest; approving an attached exhibit establishing a benchmark for pensions and retiree medical benefits; approving an attached exhibit regarding amortization of regulatory liability; requiring the company to reimburse ACSC’s reasonable ratemaking expenses; determining that this resolution was passed in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act; adopting a savings clause; declaring an effective date; and requiring delivery of this resolution to the company and the ACSC’s legal counsel.
14. Discuss and consider awarding the bid for offsite utilities for the Police/Court/ Fire Station.
15. Discuss and consider authorization to bid the Police/Court Building and Fire Station.
16. Public Hearing: to consider public comment on the proposed FY 2018-2019 Maintenance and Operating Tax (M&O) of .53 and Interest and Sinking (I&S) Tax Rate of .23.
17. Public Hearing: to consider public comment on the Economic Development Corporation proposed budget for FY 2018-2019.
18. Public Hearing: to consider public comment on the proposed City of Crandall FY 2018-2019 Budget.
19. Discuss and consider Certifying the 2018 Tax Roll.
20. Discuss and consider Ordinance No. 091018B, an Ordinance of the City of Crandall, Texas, approving a budget for the Crandall Economic Development Corporation for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2018 and ending September 30, 2019.
21. Discuss and consider Ordinance No. 091018C, an Ordinance of the City of Crandall, Texas, approving a budget for the City for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2018 and ending September 30, 2019.
22. Discuss and Consider Ordinance No. 091018D, an Ordinance of the City of Crandall, Texas fixing and levying Municipal Ad Valorem Taxes for the fiscal year beginning on October 1, 2018, and ending on September 30, 2019, and for each fiscal year thereafter until otherwise provided, at a rate of $.76 per One hundred Dollars ($100.00) assessed valuation on all taxable property within the corporate limits of the City as of January 1, 2018; directing the assessment thereof to provide revenues for the payment of current expenses and to provide an interest and sinking fund on all outstanding debts of the City; providing for due dates and delinquent dates, together with penalties and interest; providing for a location for the payment of taxes; providing for penalty for collection cost of delinquent taxes; accepting and adopting the 2017 tax roll; repealing conflicting ordinances providing a savings clause; proving a severability clause; and providing an effective date.
23. Discuss and consider additional parking for the Police/Court Building and Fire Station.
24. Discuss and consider a budget Item for CISD park maintenance.
25. Discuss and consider options for the fencing at the new Maintenance Building.
26. Discuss and consider submitting a letter to TxDOT requesting a speed limit study be performed on FM 148 to lower the speed limit on the portion inside the City limits.
27. Discuss and consider an amended and restated Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the City of Crandall, Texas, Kaufman County Municipal Utility District No. 11, Kaufman County Municipal District No. 12. And Kaufman County Municipal District No. 14 for Peace Officer Services.
Source: City of Crandall