SEAGOVILLE – The Seagoville City Council will be having a Regular meeting tonight, Sept. 10, inside the Council Chambers at City Hall located at 702 North Highway 175. A work session will begin at 6:00 p.m. and the regular meeting will start at 7 p.m.
Call to Order
A. Discuss regular session agenda items
B. Reception for Officer Click and Jeremy Gihlaint
ROUTINE ANNOUNCEMENTS, RECOGNITIONS, and PROCLAMATIONS
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Recognition – Officer Click and Jeremy Giblaint
5. Mayor’s Report
Citizens Public Comment Period- This portion of the meeting is to allow each speaker up to six (6) minutes to address the council on items not posted on the current agenda. Council may not discuss these items but may respond with factual data or policy information, or place the item on a fiiture agenda. Citizens wishing to speak on posted agenda items will be called upon at that time. Anyone wishing to speak shall submit a Speaker Request Form to the City Secretary.
CONSENT AGENDA – The Consent Agenda contains items which are routine in nature and will be acted upon in one motion.
1. Consider approving City Council Meeting minutes for August 27, 2018 (City Secretary)
2. Approval of City of Seagoville’s Financial Policies for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 (Finance Director)
3. Discuss and consider a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Seagoville, Texas approving a negotiated settlement between the Atmos Cities Steering Committee (“ACSC”) and Atmos Energy Corp., MID-TEX Division regarding the company’s 2018 rate review mechanism filings; declaring existing rates to be unreasonable; adopting tariffs that reflect rate adjustments consistent with the negotiated settlement; finding the rates to be set by the attached settlement tariffs to be just and reasonable and in the public interest; approving an attached exhibit establishing a benchmark for pensions and retiree medical benefits; approving an attached exhibit regarding amortization of regulatory liability; requiring the company to reimburse ACSC’s reasonable ratemaking expenses; determining that this Resolution was passed in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act; adopting a savings clause; declaring an effective date; and requiring delivery of this Resolution to the company and the ACSC’s legal counsel (Director of Administrative Services)
4. Approval of a Resolution adopting the City of Seagoville’s Investment Policy for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 (Finance Director)
5. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution No. 38-R-2018 approving the adopted Seagoville Economic Development Corporation budget for fiscal year October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 (Finance Director)
6. Discuss and consider approval of three (3) Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Agreements with Seagoville Chamber of Commerce for Mayfest ($11,000.00); Seagofest ($11,000.00); and 4‘h of July Celebration ($4,500.00) totaling Twenty-Six Thousand Five Hundred ($26,500.00) Dollars for the fiscal year October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 (Finance Director)
7. Discuss and consider approval of Ordinance No. 15- 2018 approving and adopting a budget for the City for the fiscal year October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 and providing that expenditures for said fiscal year shall be made in accordance with said budget (Finance Director)
8. Discuss and consider approval of Ordinance No. 16-2018 levying the ad valorem taxes for the fiscal year 2019 at a rate of $0.743800 per one hundred dollars ($100.00) assessed valuation on all taxable property within the corporate limits of the City as of January 1, 2018; to provide revenues for current expenses and interest and sinking fund requirements; providing for due and delinquent dates together with penalties and interest; and declaring an effective date (Finance Director)
9. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution No. 35-R-2018 ratifying the budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 that will require raising more revenues by 11.47% or $524,043 from property taxes than the previous year and of that amount, $208,100 is tax revenue to be raised from new property added to the tax roll this year (Finance Director)
10. Discuss and Consider a Resolution authorizing the Master Fee Schedule and providing an effective date (Finance Director)
11. Conduct a public hearing on a zoning request Z2018-16 to amend the zoning approximately 66-1; acres of real property located at 1320 Stark Road, formerly addressed as 234 East Stark Road, (also known as Lot 1 Block 1 of the Wolford Subdivision) from a R-2, Residential Single Family, zoning district to a SUP-R2, Residential Single Family with a Special Use Permit for a communication tower (Community Development Director)
12. Discuss and consider an Ordinance of the City of Seagoville, Texas, amending the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance and Map of the City of Seagoville, as amended, by granting a Special Use Permit for a monopole communications tower to be located on property zoned R-2, Residential Single Family, being approximately 66i acres of real property located at 1320 Stark Road, formerly addressed as 234 East Stark Road, in the City of Seagoville, Dallas County, Texas, and being legally described in Exhibit “A” and depicted in Exhibit “B”, attached hereto and incorporated herein; providing for the approval of the Tower Lease and Site Plan, which is attached hereto and incorporated herein as Exhibits “C” and “D”, respectively; providing for a repealing clause; providing for a savings clause; providing for a severability clause; providing for a penalty of fine not to exceed Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) for each offense; and providing for an effective date (Community Development Director)
13. Discuss and consider a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Seagoville, Texas, authorizing the City Manager as the Authorized Official for grant number 3534901 titled, Radio Interoperability Project, and authorizing the submission of the grant application to the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division; providing for the repeal of any and all Resolutions in conflict; providing for a severability clause; and providing an effective date (Police Chief)
14. Receive Storm Water Permit update presentation from Olivia Lafond with Halfl’ Associates, Inc.
15. Discuss and consider a Resolution of the City of Seagoville, Texas awarding bids for the U.S. Highway 175 Wastewater Main Crossing Replacement Project to Willco Underground in an amount not to exceed Four Hundred Twenty-Four Thousand Three Hundred Ninety-Nine Dollars and No Cents ($424,399.00); authorizing the City Manager to execute the agreement; and providing an effective date (Water Utilities Director)
16. Receive Councilmember Reports/Items of Community Interest – as authorized by Section 551.0415 of the Texas Government Code.
17. Future Agenda Items – Council to provide direction to staff regarding future agenda items. These items will not be discussed and no action will be taken at this meeting.
Source: City of Seagoville